Key to photos

UPPER ROW (left to right): Avon Suspension Bridge; the Avon River meets the Floating Harbor; red doorway; view SW across the Avon R.; self-explanatory; Wills Memorial Building (which houses the Geology Dept); a 'crescent'; a narrow boat on the Avon Canal
LOWER ROW (left to right): Terrace houses; Banksy street art; downtown Bristol; the Matthew (a replica of a boat that Cabot sailed across the Atlantic); the Grain Barge (my favorite pub); my new neighborhood (new photos to come once I move); rowing on the Floating Harbor

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Gromits invade Bristol

After months of anticipation, the painted Gromits have arrived. I spotted my first one yesterday while sailing... it was aboard the Mathew and is decorated with a map of the world. Then the largest blue&yellow water taxi cruised by, with a Gromit in the bow. And then when I walked home I saw that even my local Pump House has a Gromit. So at that point I grabbed my camera and went for a short exploratory walk. I'll add more pictures as I collect more Gromit sightings. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment